Should parents of the 5-year-old who shot a 2-year-old be prosecuted for negligence?
Child access prevention laws are remarkably inconsistent from state to state
An AR-15 style rifle sits on display at the Freddie Bear Sports store in Tinley Park, Ill.
Scott Olson/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- As deadly skin cancer rates keep climbing, surgeon general says to stop tanning and wear sunscreen
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
Subscribe to the Week