Rick Perry: The Scouts banning gays is like opposing slavery
The firebrand Texas governor compares the principled stand of a slavery-fighting Texan to today's gay-rights opponents
During Monday night's GOP debate in South Carolina, Rick Perry suggested that Turkey, a key U.S. ally that sent peacekeeping troops to Afghanistan, is run by "Islamic terrorists."
Joe Raedle/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week