Rick Perry: The Scouts banning gays is like opposing slavery
The firebrand Texas governor compares the principled stand of a slavery-fighting Texan to today's gay-rights opponents
During Monday night's GOP debate in South Carolina, Rick Perry suggested that Turkey, a key U.S. ally that sent peacekeeping troops to Afghanistan, is run by "Islamic terrorists."
Joe Raedle/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why gay people of color are still losing
Subscribe to the Week