Rick Perry: The Scouts banning gays is like opposing slavery
The firebrand Texas governor compares the principled stand of a slavery-fighting Texan to today's gay-rights opponents
During Monday night's GOP debate in South Carolina, Rick Perry suggested that Turkey, a key U.S. ally that sent peacekeeping troops to Afghanistan, is run by "Islamic terrorists."
Joe Raedle/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- The worrying rise of the anti-vaccination movement
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week