Rick Perry: The Scouts banning gays is like opposing slavery
The firebrand Texas governor compares the principled stand of a slavery-fighting Texan to today's gay-rights opponents
During Monday night's GOP debate in South Carolina, Rick Perry suggested that Turkey, a key U.S. ally that sent peacekeeping troops to Afghanistan, is run by "Islamic terrorists."
Joe Raedle/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Pope Francis' American problem
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
Subscribe to the Week