Rick Perry: The Scouts banning gays is like opposing slavery
The firebrand Texas governor compares the principled stand of a slavery-fighting Texan to today's gay-rights opponents
During Monday night's GOP debate in South Carolina, Rick Perry suggested that Turkey, a key U.S. ally that sent peacekeeping troops to Afghanistan, is run by "Islamic terrorists."
Joe Raedle/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
Subscribe to the Week