J.J. Abrams has remained characteristically tight-lipped about his plans for the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII, but that hasn't stopped fans from feverishly speculating about the future of the franchise. On Wednesday, a few lucky fans — who arrived, miraculously, in full Star Wars costumes — got the chance to share their ideas for the series with Abrams during an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live intended to promote Star Trek Into Darkness.
"You know, it's important to listen to the hardcore fans," insisted Kimmel, as Abrams fielded requests that ranged from "Luke Skywalker should use a lightsaber to fight people," to "Princess Leia and Chewbacca should totally do it." Watch the video above, and dream about what might happen in Star Wars: Episode VII when it hits theaters in 2015 (and stick around for an appearance by a very, very special guest at the end of the clip).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Is kissing your kid on the lips creepy?
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
Subscribe to the Week