J.J. Abrams has remained characteristically tight-lipped about his plans for the upcoming Star Wars: Episode VII, but that hasn't stopped fans from feverishly speculating about the future of the franchise. On Wednesday, a few lucky fans — who arrived, miraculously, in full Star Wars costumes — got the chance to share their ideas for the series with Abrams during an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live intended to promote Star Trek Into Darkness.
"You know, it's important to listen to the hardcore fans," insisted Kimmel, as Abrams fielded requests that ranged from "Luke Skywalker should use a lightsaber to fight people," to "Princess Leia and Chewbacca should totally do it." Watch the video above, and dream about what might happen in Star Wars: Episode VII when it hits theaters in 2015 (and stick around for an appearance by a very, very special guest at the end of the clip).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
Subscribe to the Week