elcome to "What Next?", The Week's contest about current events.
Last week's question: On her current world tour, Beyoncé is demanding that her dressing room be supplied with hand-carved ice balls, water chilled to exactly 69.8 degrees, and $1,000 titanium straws. We asked you what you would demand if you had a world tour.
THE WINNER: An audience
Susan Kennedy-Smith, Blue Point, N.Y.
SECOND PLACE: That nobody tells the press what my dressing room perks are
Tim Reynolds, Locust, N.J.
THIRD PLACE: Pre-payment and a back door
David Cornstuble, Mankato, Minn.
A dressing room that doesn't say "MEN" on the door
Arthur Lasky, New York, N.Y.
The Star Trek transporter so travel would be instant — no jet lag
Lois Eckmann, Los Altos, Calif.
Hummingbird tears footbath
Joe Valetti, San Leandro, Calif.
Even my dogs get to eat filet mignon
Ken Kellam III, Dallas, Texas
A mirror that makes me look 20 pounds thinner
Janine Witte, New Hope, Pa.
Anita R. Somers, Brewster, N.Y.
100 percent silk toilet paper
Patti Thomas, Ventura, Calif.
Beyoncé will bring me caviar and bellinis each morning while belting out "Crazy in Love"
Simone Butler, San Diego, Calif.
Linda Cross, Wilmington, N.C.
A genetic clone of me to do the entertaining so I'd be able to focus all my energy on being a diva
Mark Weaver, Redondo Beach, Calif.
Abigail Hamilton, Hopewell, N.J.
A paycheck that doesn't bounce
Doreen Nagle, Fresno, Calif.
A better voice
John Ohlson, Providence, R.I.
Auto-Tune hearing aids for every member of the audience
Tony Pribyl, Piedmont, Calif.
All my brown M&Ms are to be given to Van Halen
Earl Weinmann, Northfield, Minn.
Sherri Chessen, La Jolla, Calif.
A full explanation of why I was on a world tour
Bob Boersma, Holland, Mich.
Ten bucks an hour
Gerald Leppek, Harrison, Mich.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
Subscribe to the Week