The first full-length trailer for the final season of Showtime's Dexter is finally here, and things are looking worse than ever for the Morgan family. Season 8 opens with Dexter's sister Deb in a downward spiral after shooting and killing LaGuerta to protect her brother in last year's season finale. Dexter finds Deb shacked up with a sleazy guy and a laundry list of prescription meds. "You made me compromise everything about myself that I care about and I hate you for it," says Deb. "I shot the wrong person in that trailer."
But as bad as things are for Deb, they're not going any better for Dexter. The trailer finds everyone's favorite serial killer squaring off against Dr. Evelyn Vogel (Charlotte Rampling), an expert on psychopathy who seems poised to recognize Dexter for what he really is — and if that wasn't enough, the trailer also seems to indicate that Dexter's son Harrison has gone missing.
Will Dexter finally answer for all his crimes in the final season? We'll find out when Dexter premieres on June 30.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
Subscribe to the Week