The first full-length trailer for the final season of Showtime's Dexter is finally here, and things are looking worse than ever for the Morgan family. Season 8 opens with Dexter's sister Deb in a downward spiral after shooting and killing LaGuerta to protect her brother in last year's season finale. Dexter finds Deb shacked up with a sleazy guy and a laundry list of prescription meds. "You made me compromise everything about myself that I care about and I hate you for it," says Deb. "I shot the wrong person in that trailer."
But as bad as things are for Deb, they're not going any better for Dexter. The trailer finds everyone's favorite serial killer squaring off against Dr. Evelyn Vogel (Charlotte Rampling), an expert on psychopathy who seems poised to recognize Dexter for what he really is — and if that wasn't enough, the trailer also seems to indicate that Dexter's son Harrison has gone missing.
Will Dexter finally answer for all his crimes in the final season? We'll find out when Dexter premieres on June 30.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- How I became a borderline hoarder
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
Subscribe to the Week