The first full-length trailer for the final season of Showtime's Dexter is finally here, and things are looking worse than ever for the Morgan family. Season 8 opens with Dexter's sister Deb in a downward spiral after shooting and killing LaGuerta to protect her brother in last year's season finale. Dexter finds Deb shacked up with a sleazy guy and a laundry list of prescription meds. "You made me compromise everything about myself that I care about and I hate you for it," says Deb. "I shot the wrong person in that trailer."
But as bad as things are for Deb, they're not going any better for Dexter. The trailer finds everyone's favorite serial killer squaring off against Dr. Evelyn Vogel (Charlotte Rampling), an expert on psychopathy who seems poised to recognize Dexter for what he really is — and if that wasn't enough, the trailer also seems to indicate that Dexter's son Harrison has gone missing.
Will Dexter finally answer for all his crimes in the final season? We'll find out when Dexter premieres on June 30.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week