The first full-length trailer for the final season of Showtime's Dexter is finally here, and things are looking worse than ever for the Morgan family. Season 8 opens with Dexter's sister Deb in a downward spiral after shooting and killing LaGuerta to protect her brother in last year's season finale. Dexter finds Deb shacked up with a sleazy guy and a laundry list of prescription meds. "You made me compromise everything about myself that I care about and I hate you for it," says Deb. "I shot the wrong person in that trailer."
But as bad as things are for Deb, they're not going any better for Dexter. The trailer finds everyone's favorite serial killer squaring off against Dr. Evelyn Vogel (Charlotte Rampling), an expert on psychopathy who seems poised to recognize Dexter for what he really is — and if that wasn't enough, the trailer also seems to indicate that Dexter's son Harrison has gone missing.
Will Dexter finally answer for all his crimes in the final season? We'll find out when Dexter premieres on June 30.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
Subscribe to the Week