The first full-length trailer for the final season of Showtime's Dexter is finally here, and things are looking worse than ever for the Morgan family. Season 8 opens with Dexter's sister Deb in a downward spiral after shooting and killing LaGuerta to protect her brother in last year's season finale. Dexter finds Deb shacked up with a sleazy guy and a laundry list of prescription meds. "You made me compromise everything about myself that I care about and I hate you for it," says Deb. "I shot the wrong person in that trailer."
But as bad as things are for Deb, they're not going any better for Dexter. The trailer finds everyone's favorite serial killer squaring off against Dr. Evelyn Vogel (Charlotte Rampling), an expert on psychopathy who seems poised to recognize Dexter for what he really is — and if that wasn't enough, the trailer also seems to indicate that Dexter's son Harrison has gone missing.
Will Dexter finally answer for all his crimes in the final season? We'll find out when Dexter premieres on June 30.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- The big policy question libertarians can't answer
- The real lesson of Rick Perry's mug shot
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
Subscribe to the Week