After nearly a decade, Ron Burgundy and his Channel 4 News Team are finally ready to hit the silver screen for a long-rumored sequel — and the new teaser for Anchorman: The Legend Continues doesn't exactly lower the already sky-high expectations. "Jesus, MacArthur, Jay-Z… The great ones always return," says the monologue that opens the brief teaser. "And when they do, one thing is for sure: Their hair will be perfect."
Though the sequel's overarching storyline is unknown, Anchorman: The Legend Continues reunites the news team from 2004's Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. That's Will Ferrell (Ron Burgundy), Christina Applegate (Veronica Corningstone), Paul Rudd (Brian Fantana), and Steve Carell (Brick Tamland), alongside a slew of alleged celebrity cameos too fun to spoil. Can it live up to the cult appeal of the 2004 original? We'll find out when Anchorman: The Legend Continues hits theaters in December.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week