After nearly a decade, Ron Burgundy and his Channel 4 News Team are finally ready to hit the silver screen for a long-rumored sequel — and the new teaser for Anchorman: The Legend Continues doesn't exactly lower the already sky-high expectations. "Jesus, MacArthur, Jay-Z… The great ones always return," says the monologue that opens the brief teaser. "And when they do, one thing is for sure: Their hair will be perfect."
Though the sequel's overarching storyline is unknown, Anchorman: The Legend Continues reunites the news team from 2004's Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. That's Will Ferrell (Ron Burgundy), Christina Applegate (Veronica Corningstone), Paul Rudd (Brian Fantana), and Steve Carell (Brick Tamland), alongside a slew of alleged celebrity cameos too fun to spoil. Can it live up to the cult appeal of the 2004 original? We'll find out when Anchorman: The Legend Continues hits theaters in December.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week