A deadly tornado touched down just outside Oklahoma City on Monday afternoon, prompting the National Weather Service to issue a tornado emergency for the metropolitan area. The storm has already reportedly claimed two lives, and damaged an estimated 300 homes. More than 171,000 people reside in areas that lie in its projected path.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Why Narendra Modi is not a shoo-in to become India's next prime minister
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 9 ways music can improve your life
Subscribe to the Week