A deadly tornado touched down just outside Oklahoma City on Monday afternoon, prompting the National Weather Service to issue a tornado emergency for the metropolitan area. The storm has already reportedly claimed two lives, and damaged an estimated 300 homes. More than 171,000 people reside in areas that lie in its projected path.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 5 innovative uses for baking soda
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- Eric Holder blew it as attorney general. His replacement will, too,
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
Subscribe to the Week