A deadly tornado touched down just outside Oklahoma City on Monday afternoon, prompting the National Weather Service to issue a tornado emergency for the metropolitan area. The storm has already reportedly claimed two lives, and damaged an estimated 300 homes. More than 171,000 people reside in areas that lie in its projected path.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The militarization of America’s police
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
Subscribe to the Week