A deadly tornado touched down just outside Oklahoma City on Monday afternoon, prompting the National Weather Service to issue a tornado emergency for the metropolitan area. The storm has already reportedly claimed two lives, and damaged an estimated 300 homes. More than 171,000 people reside in areas that lie in its projected path.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week