A deadly tornado touched down just outside Oklahoma City on Monday afternoon, prompting the National Weather Service to issue a tornado emergency for the metropolitan area. The storm has already reportedly claimed two lives, and damaged an estimated 300 homes. More than 171,000 people reside in areas that lie in its projected path.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- The week's best photojournalism
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How to cook a perfect rib eye steak
Subscribe to the Week