A deadly tornado touched down just outside Oklahoma City on Monday afternoon, prompting the National Weather Service to issue a tornado emergency for the metropolitan area. The storm has already reportedly claimed two lives, and damaged an estimated 300 homes. More than 171,000 people reside in areas that lie in its projected path.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- The week's best photojournalism
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
Subscribe to the Week