A deadly tornado touched down just outside Oklahoma City on Monday afternoon, prompting the National Weather Service to issue a tornado emergency for the metropolitan area. The storm has already reportedly claimed two lives, and damaged an estimated 300 homes. More than 171,000 people reside in areas that lie in its projected path.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week