A deadly tornado touched down just outside Oklahoma City on Monday afternoon, prompting the National Weather Service to issue a tornado emergency for the metropolitan area. The storm has already reportedly claimed two lives, and damaged an estimated 300 homes. More than 171,000 people reside in areas that lie in its projected path.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- In defense of family dinner
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
Subscribe to the Week