A deadly tornado touched down just outside Oklahoma City on Monday afternoon, prompting the National Weather Service to issue a tornado emergency for the metropolitan area. The storm has already reportedly claimed two lives, and damaged an estimated 300 homes. More than 171,000 people reside in areas that lie in its projected path.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Driverless cars may be an environmental disaster
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- Repealing ObamaCare would now mean kicking 4.2 million people off their new insurance plans
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- How America's internet can become the fastest on Earth
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week