Welcome to "What Next?", The Week's contest about current events.
Last week's contest: Sandwich sales in the U.S. are rising, and last year 49 percent of all sandwiches were purchased from a store rather than being made at home. We asked you what the next task that overworked Americans will outsource will be.
THE WINNER: Going to the store to get a sandwich
Andras Ratonyi, Cambridge, Mass.
SECOND PLACE: Cheating on your spouse for you (because you really do have to work late)
Alan Parven, Commerce Township, Mich.
THIRD PLACE: Dying
Mark Weaver, Redondo Beach, Calif.
Paul Johnsen, Hartford, Wis.
Nick Vaci, Columbus, Ohio
Dinner with the wife
Bill O'Meara, Bedford, N.H.
Going to work
Steven Zak, McAllen, Texas
Going to church
Janine Witte, New Hope, Pa.
Holidays at the in-laws
Lydia Sannella, Mill Valley, Calif.
Brett Howard, Washington, D.C.
Attending children's extracurricular activities
Sydney House, Salem, Ore.
Receiving calls from telemarketers
Charles & Mary Parry, Catonsville, Md.
Pre-cutting your entrée and vegetables
Theresa McFadden, Highland Heights, Ohio
Taking a shower
Nestor Rodriguez, Studio City, Calif.
Everyone will get false teeth so that someone else can brush them
Theresa H Bethel, Gulf Shores, Ala.
Writing weekly non-winning entry to The Week's contest
David C. Neal, Fanwood, N.J.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
Subscribe to the Week