Critics haven't exactly been roaring about Reincarnated, the first album released by Snoop Lion (aka The Artist Formerly Known As Snoop Dogg). And the reviews aren't likely to improve following the release of the music video for "Ashtrays and Heartbreaks," an oddball collaboration with Miley Cyrus.
"Tonight there's gonna be a whole lotta smoke in the air," promises Snoop, seen in reflection, as the video opens. "Blow it all for the ones who ain't here." Though the song comes from Snoop's album, the video features just as much Miley Cyrus, who stares earnestly toward the camera as she sings lyrics like, "Is there any possibility that everyone feels like me?"
Decide for yourself whether you feel like Cyrus by watching the "Ashtrays and Heartbreaks" video.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week