Critics haven't exactly been roaring about Reincarnated, the first album released by Snoop Lion (aka The Artist Formerly Known As Snoop Dogg). And the reviews aren't likely to improve following the release of the music video for "Ashtrays and Heartbreaks," an oddball collaboration with Miley Cyrus.
"Tonight there's gonna be a whole lotta smoke in the air," promises Snoop, seen in reflection, as the video opens. "Blow it all for the ones who ain't here." Though the song comes from Snoop's album, the video features just as much Miley Cyrus, who stares earnestly toward the camera as she sings lyrics like, "Is there any possibility that everyone feels like me?"
Decide for yourself whether you feel like Cyrus by watching the "Ashtrays and Heartbreaks" video.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week