Critics haven't exactly been roaring about Reincarnated, the first album released by Snoop Lion (aka The Artist Formerly Known As Snoop Dogg). And the reviews aren't likely to improve following the release of the music video for "Ashtrays and Heartbreaks," an oddball collaboration with Miley Cyrus.
"Tonight there's gonna be a whole lotta smoke in the air," promises Snoop, seen in reflection, as the video opens. "Blow it all for the ones who ain't here." Though the song comes from Snoop's album, the video features just as much Miley Cyrus, who stares earnestly toward the camera as she sings lyrics like, "Is there any possibility that everyone feels like me?"
Decide for yourself whether you feel like Cyrus by watching the "Ashtrays and Heartbreaks" video.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
Subscribe to the Week