Critics haven't exactly been roaring about Reincarnated, the first album released by Snoop Lion (aka The Artist Formerly Known As Snoop Dogg). And the reviews aren't likely to improve following the release of the music video for "Ashtrays and Heartbreaks," an oddball collaboration with Miley Cyrus.
"Tonight there's gonna be a whole lotta smoke in the air," promises Snoop, seen in reflection, as the video opens. "Blow it all for the ones who ain't here." Though the song comes from Snoop's album, the video features just as much Miley Cyrus, who stares earnestly toward the camera as she sings lyrics like, "Is there any possibility that everyone feels like me?"
Decide for yourself whether you feel like Cyrus by watching the "Ashtrays and Heartbreaks" video.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza's dad: 'I wish he'd never been born'
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
Subscribe to the Week