Critics haven't exactly been roaring about Reincarnated, the first album released by Snoop Lion (aka The Artist Formerly Known As Snoop Dogg). And the reviews aren't likely to improve following the release of the music video for "Ashtrays and Heartbreaks," an oddball collaboration with Miley Cyrus.
"Tonight there's gonna be a whole lotta smoke in the air," promises Snoop, seen in reflection, as the video opens. "Blow it all for the ones who ain't here." Though the song comes from Snoop's album, the video features just as much Miley Cyrus, who stares earnestly toward the camera as she sings lyrics like, "Is there any possibility that everyone feels like me?"
Decide for yourself whether you feel like Cyrus by watching the "Ashtrays and Heartbreaks" video.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week