Republicans fear another Bachmann-style candidate
The GOP exhaled when Bachmann withdrew from the race. But it also means another similar candidate could step up to the plate
Sure, Michele Bachmann had her fair share of public blunders in 2011, but so did President Obama, Newt Gingrich, and just about every other presidential candidate.
Mark Wilson/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week