Good news for Android users who prefer their visual stimuli in six-second video loops: Vine is finally coming! Just like the iOS version, Vine for Android allows users to employ Twitter's revolutionary new tool to shoot and share short videos more akin to a GIF than anything else. (See an example below.) According to a Twitter blog post, Vine for Android will come with a zoom feature, which doesn't currently exist on the iPhone. The Android build won't, however, include support for a front-facing camera, and more perplexingly, doesn't have capabilities for search, mentions, or hashtags. Twitter assures users those features are coming soon. Check it out here.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Can the U.S. Army degrade and destroy Ebola?
Subscribe to the Week