Good news for Android users who prefer their visual stimuli in six-second video loops: Vine is finally coming! Just like the iOS version, Vine for Android allows users to employ Twitter's revolutionary new tool to shoot and share short videos more akin to a GIF than anything else. (See an example below.) According to a Twitter blog post, Vine for Android will come with a zoom feature, which doesn't currently exist on the iPhone. The Android build won't, however, include support for a front-facing camera, and more perplexingly, doesn't have capabilities for search, mentions, or hashtags. Twitter assures users those features are coming soon. Check it out here.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- You're reheating pizza wrong
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week