Good news for Android users who prefer their visual stimuli in six-second video loops: Vine is finally coming! Just like the iOS version, Vine for Android allows users to employ Twitter's revolutionary new tool to shoot and share short videos more akin to a GIF than anything else. (See an example below.) According to a Twitter blog post, Vine for Android will come with a zoom feature, which doesn't currently exist on the iPhone. The Android build won't, however, include support for a front-facing camera, and more perplexingly, doesn't have capabilities for search, mentions, or hashtags. Twitter assures users those features are coming soon. Check it out here.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
- Sharknado isn't just stupid. It's bad for cinema.
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to make classic pulled pork
Subscribe to the Week