The communication records of millions of U.S. citizens are reportedly being collected. Photo: Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
All through the night, the National Security Council worked with the intelligence community to come up with a formal response to Glenn Greenwald's story in the Guardian about NSA telephone record collection.
A senior government official sends along the combined talking points:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How neuroscience can help us understand political partisanship
- 10 things you need to know today: November 20, 2014
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
Subscribe to the Week