The communication records of millions of U.S. citizens are reportedly being collected. Photo: Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
All through the night, the National Security Council worked with the intelligence community to come up with a formal response to Glenn Greenwald's story in the Guardian about NSA telephone record collection.
A senior government official sends along the combined talking points:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Four annoying sounds you need to stop making
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- 10 things you need to know today: August 23, 2014
- Inside America's crumbling infrastructure
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
Subscribe to the Week