On this day. 1892: Benjamin Harrison became the first president to attend a Major League Baseball game. The Cincinnati Reds beat the Washington Senators, 7-4. Even back then, baseball fans probably said of Washington: "First in war, first in peace. Last in the American/National league."
Quote of the day
"There is no dignity quite so impressive, and no one independence quite so important, as living within your means." -Calvin Coolidge
More from West Wing Reports...
- Science: Cuddling is key to a committed and loving relationship
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 7 gender options
Subscribe to the Week