elcome to "What Next?", The Week's contest about current events.
Click here for the results of the previous contest: Superheroes
Last week's question: The city of Monona, Wis., has authorized the police to issue tickets to and fine parents who ignore complaints that their children are bullies. If parents could be fined for their kids' behavior, what else would you like to see high on the list?
THE WINNER: Saying "like" more than once in a single thought
John Crouse, Bethel, CT
SECOND PLACE: Texting while you're speaking to them
Kathleen Balbona, Jacksonville, FL
THIRD PLACE: Acting like their parents
Mic Martin, Salt Lake City, UT
Deriding my technological abilities
Angela James, Westminster, MD
Kicking the seats of passengers in front of them on an airplane
Kay Samaripa, Oklahoma City, OK
Wearing excessively low-hanging pants
Sheldon Sturges, Phoenix, AZ
Paul Hanna, Jefferson City, MO
Screaming in restaurants
Harold Warren, Poughkeepsie, NY
Responding with "whatever"
Mark Weaver, Redondo Beach, CA
Bringing grape Popsicles to the neighbor's house to share
Betsy Sansby, Minnetonka, MN
Throwing temper tantrums at the supermarket
Bruce McDonald, Odenton, MD
Driving daddy's car like it's a skateboard
Randall Butler, Ventura, CA
Pushing all the floor buttons in our condo elevators
Carolyn Siegel, Lexington, KY
Using language only they understand
Kenneth R. Updegrove, Cedaredge, CO
Not understanding mathematics
Raven Deerwater, Mendocino, CA
Not getting off my lawn
Mary Southon, Round Rock, TX
Being seen and heard
Scott Newman, Jenks, OK
Emulating a Kardashian
Jim Pell, Petersburg, IN
Saying "no problem" instead of "you're welcome"
Teri Kreyche, Tustin, CA
Tom May, Princeville, HI
Living at home after their 40th birthday
Paul Johnsen, Hartford, CT
- Did God have a wife?
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- Homeland recap: 'Big Man in Tehran'
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
Subscribe to the Week