Texans prefer Cruz over Perry for president
The Lone Star State's freshman senator was virtually unknown 18 month ago. Look at him now
Former Texas Solicitor General Ted Cruz greets supporters on July 31 in Houston: Cruz' stunning primary defeat of Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst signaled a growing rift between Tea Partiers and the GOP establishment.
AP Photo/Pat Sullivan
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
Subscribe to the Week