Texans prefer Cruz over Perry for president
The Lone Star State's freshman senator was virtually unknown 18 month ago. Look at him now
Former Texas Solicitor General Ted Cruz greets supporters on July 31 in Houston: Cruz' stunning primary defeat of Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst signaled a growing rift between Tea Partiers and the GOP establishment.
AP Photo/Pat Sullivan
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week