Texans prefer Cruz over Perry for president
The Lone Star State's freshman senator was virtually unknown 18 month ago. Look at him now
Former Texas Solicitor General Ted Cruz greets supporters on July 31 in Houston: Cruz' stunning primary defeat of Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst signaled a growing rift between Tea Partiers and the GOP establishment.
AP Photo/Pat Sullivan
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
Subscribe to the Week