Texans prefer Cruz over Perry for president
The Lone Star State's freshman senator was virtually unknown 18 month ago. Look at him now
Former Texas Solicitor General Ted Cruz greets supporters on July 31 in Houston: Cruz' stunning primary defeat of Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst signaled a growing rift between Tea Partiers and the GOP establishment.
AP Photo/Pat Sullivan
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week