Yes, Scott Disick knows that you think he's a dead ringer for Patrick Bateman, the serial killer played by Christian Bale at the heart of 2000's American Psycho — and Disick is just fine with it. In a new promotional video for Kanye West's Yeezus, Disick replaces American Psycho's references to Huey Lewis and the News' Fore! with those to West's new album. Disick calls Yeezus the rapper's "most exciting album so far" before donning a raincoat and murdering fellow Kardashian hanger-on Jonathan Cheban with an ax.
Disick first popped up alongside girlfriend Kourtney Kardashian on Keeping up with the Kardashians in 2007, and a host of famous names have since noted the reality star's eerie resemblance to the fictional killer. In 2011, American Psycho author Bret Easton Ellis tweeted that he wouldn't sign off on a new film adaptation of American Psycho unless it starred Scott Disick or fellow Bale doppelganger Miles Fisher. While casting the (tragically hypothetical) Keeping up with the Kardashians: The Movie, Kourtney Kardashian wrote, "Scott’s favorite movie is American Psycho and everyone says he looks like Patrick Bateman, so Scott would definitely be played by Christian Bale."
And Disick himself has embraced the comparison, showing up at a Halloween party as Bateman in 2012, and tweeting about his own interest in the American Psycho role:
just heard there doing a remake of American Psycho! best news i have ever heard! i hope they call me!— Scott Disick (@ScottDisick) December 9, 2011
After all that build-up, how is Scott Disick in the role of Patrick Bateman, anyway? Squeaky, nasal, charisma-free, and thoroughly unthreatening — so don't greenlight that remake just yet, Lionsgate. But the video isn't a total loss; even if Disick's Bateman leaves something (and arguably everything) to be desired in the role of the titular psycho, the video's impressively faithful tribute to the look of the original scene is worth seeing.
Watch the original scene from 2000's American Psycho:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
Subscribe to the Week