U.S. nonprofits' total assets in 2009
Nonprofits' revenue in 2009
Percent of the economy's wages that came from nonprofits in 2009
Percent of GDP that comes from nonprofits
Nonprofits in the U.S.
Donations the United Way, the U.S.'s largest nonprofit, received in 2011
Amount raised by faith-based nonprofits in 2011
Percent by which the number of public charities grew between 2001 and 2011
Average salary for a nonprofit job
Percent of charities reporting annual expenses of $10 million or more
Percent of total public charity spending accounted for by the top 3.9 percent of charities
Nonprofits in California
Nonprofits in Wyoming
Total hours Americans volunteered in 2009
Percent of Utah residents who volunteer, more than in any other state
Percent of New York residents who volunteer, less than in any other state
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
Subscribe to the Week