How your friends are secretly helping social networks gather intel on you
Getting help "finding friends" on a social network sounds like a nice service to offer. But tread carefully
For college kids in the digital age, checking Facebook and Twitter has become the go-to vice according to one study.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
Subscribe to the Week