Why some white people don't feel black people's pain
A failure of empathy perpetuates racial disparities
George Zimmerman appears in a Seminole County courtroom in Florida for his bond hearing, during which the judge ordered him to go back to jail.
Joe Burbank/Orlando Sentinel-Pool/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
Subscribe to the Week