Why some white people don't feel black people's pain
A failure of empathy perpetuates racial disparities
George Zimmerman appears in a Seminole County courtroom in Florida for his bond hearing, during which the judge ordered him to go back to jail.
Joe Burbank/Orlando Sentinel-Pool/Getty Images
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Hey, scolds: Stop telling us to enjoy a healthy Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week