As if the disproportionate popularity of subreddits like men's rights and League of Legends weren't evidence enough, a new study from Pew Internet Research confirms what we've suspected all along: Reddit is mostly dudes.
According to the survey of 2,252 American adults, 15 percent of all male internet users between the ages of 18 and 29 say they use Reddit in some capacity, versus just 5 percent of women in the same age range.
Those numbers drop sharply in the 30-to-49 demographic: 8 percent of men use the site versus 5 percent of women. Overall, researchers found that 6 percent of all American adults on the internet use Reddit.
One of the more interesting findings, though, may be that Reddit could be less white than previously believed. The team found that 5 percent of non-Hispanic whites surveyed said they use the so-called "front page of the internet," compared with 4 percent of non-Hispanic blacks and 11 percent of Hispanics. It should be noted that the number of whites surveyed (1,331 total) was far larger than the number of blacks (207) and Hispanics (196).
In any case, feel free to feign outrage with your favorite reaction GIF down below.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Stop your unpatriotic fearmongering over ISIS
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week