7 in 10 Americans think the Founders would be disappointed with today's U.S.
Many Founding Fathers believed a bigger, stronger government was needed for the U.S. to survive and compete on the world stage.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Boyhood's refreshingly unsentimental take on motherhood
- How to save Meet the Press
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
Subscribe to the Week