Welcome to "What Next?", The Week's contest about current events.
Click here for the results of the previous contest: Theme park rides
Last week's question: Eliot Spitzer, the former New York governor who resigned in disgrace after a prostitution scandal, is attempting a comeback by running for New York City comptroller, saying he sees "forgiveness in the public." Please come up with a slogan for the campaign.
THE WINNER: Spitzer gets bang for the buck
Joanne Sullivan, Maspeth, NY
SECOND PLACE: I won’t lie down on the job
Janine Witte, New Hope, PA
THIRD PLACE: The choice of professional women everywhere.
Connie Scofield, Glens Falls, NY
If Weiner can, so can I
Kinny Roper, Atlanta, GA
Spitzer won’t miss a trick
Liz Stockdill, Santa Barbara, CA
Vote for me, and we can do it together
Jae Cho, Astoria, NY
A friend to female entrepreneurs
Charles & Mary Parry, Catonsville, MD
Government means never having to say you’re sorry
Mike Sherman, Half Moon Bay, CA
Just leave the ballot on the nightstand
Amy Walker, New York City
A true friend of the working man...and girl
Nicholas Meltzer, Aptos, CA
No tricks this time
Jeff O’Connor, Palm Springs, CA
Vote Spitzer for a happy ending
Michael Lichtman, Montgomery, NY
Go all the way with Spitzer!
Robert Calgren, Edina, MN
He won’t screw around with your money
Bill Rollins, Lake Forest, CA
I know how to get a leg up on the competition
George C. Morin Jr., Littleton, CO
I won’t let the taxpayers get screwed
Steve Solomon, Huntingdon Valley, PA
Spitzer for comptroller: He’s really into figures
Howard Peters, Valparaiso, IN
A proven expert on financial affairs
Julie Shallberg, Elburn, IL
I paid for my mistakes
Dan Wheeler, Boca Raton, FL
Let’s win one for the zipper
Barry Wolfe, Roanoke, VA
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
Subscribe to the Week