Selena Gomez's upcoming album Stars Dance, which is slated for release later this month, marks her official debut as a solo artist — but it's a brief audio cameo by a male voice purported to be Justin Bieber that has fans talking. "Hey babe, it's me," says the voice on "Love Will Remember," an as-yet unreleased track from the album that leaked yesterday. "I just want to call and tell you that I love you so, so, so, so much. I just wanted to let you know that you are my princess. You are worthy of all the love in the world. You are the love of my life."
So is the recording really Bieber, or is it just a soundalike? A rep for the Biebs refused to confirm either way, but a source at E! Online claims that Gomez contacted Bieber all the way back in February to tell him that the audio sample — which was reportedly culled from a voicemail he left while they were dating — would be featured in a track on her new album. "It was after they broke up and she told him she wanted him to remember the better times," says the source. "Justin was blown away by it."
And as for the actual song? It sounds like a healthy kiss-off anthem, complete with a heavy dose of autotune. We'll see if fans can look past the drama to hear the music when Stars Dance is released on July 23.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 6, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Top 7 insane homeowners association rules
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
- The hotel of enlightenment
Subscribe to the Week