After months of anticipation, the music video for "Ooh La La," Britney Spears' synergistic musical crossover with the upcoming Smurfs sequel, has finally debuted — and it is exactly as crazy as we all dreamed it would be. The video features Spears gyrating, grinning, and stomping her way through the Smurf Village as a captive audience watches from a movie theater. "My heart beats fast 'cause I want it all / So come along with me and be my Ooh La La!" croons Spears as Smurfette dances on her outstretched palm. It is, to say the least, a bit surreal.
If you're still not sure whether you're willing to devote four minutes of your life to this unlikely Britney Spears/Smurfs crossover, allow us to tantalize you further. Do Spears' children Jayden James and Sean Preston show up to make a cameo? Does Britney get sucked into a movie screen? Does an unsuspecting moviegoer get transformed into a duck? These are questions you can only answer for yourself by watching the "Ooh La La" video. So make sure none of your coworkers are looking and press play.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
Subscribe to the Week