After months of anticipation, the music video for "Ooh La La," Britney Spears' synergistic musical crossover with the upcoming Smurfs sequel, has finally debuted — and it is exactly as crazy as we all dreamed it would be. The video features Spears gyrating, grinning, and stomping her way through the Smurf Village as a captive audience watches from a movie theater. "My heart beats fast 'cause I want it all / So come along with me and be my Ooh La La!" croons Spears as Smurfette dances on her outstretched palm. It is, to say the least, a bit surreal.
If you're still not sure whether you're willing to devote four minutes of your life to this unlikely Britney Spears/Smurfs crossover, allow us to tantalize you further. Do Spears' children Jayden James and Sean Preston show up to make a cameo? Does Britney get sucked into a movie screen? Does an unsuspecting moviegoer get transformed into a duck? These are questions you can only answer for yourself by watching the "Ooh La La" video. So make sure none of your coworkers are looking and press play.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week