After months of anticipation, the music video for "Ooh La La," Britney Spears' synergistic musical crossover with the upcoming Smurfs sequel, has finally debuted — and it is exactly as crazy as we all dreamed it would be. The video features Spears gyrating, grinning, and stomping her way through the Smurf Village as a captive audience watches from a movie theater. "My heart beats fast 'cause I want it all / So come along with me and be my Ooh La La!" croons Spears as Smurfette dances on her outstretched palm. It is, to say the least, a bit surreal.
If you're still not sure whether you're willing to devote four minutes of your life to this unlikely Britney Spears/Smurfs crossover, allow us to tantalize you further. Do Spears' children Jayden James and Sean Preston show up to make a cameo? Does Britney get sucked into a movie screen? Does an unsuspecting moviegoer get transformed into a duck? These are questions you can only answer for yourself by watching the "Ooh La La" video. So make sure none of your coworkers are looking and press play.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- 7 of the scariest spiders in existence
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
Subscribe to the Week