After months of anticipation, the music video for "Ooh La La," Britney Spears' synergistic musical crossover with the upcoming Smurfs sequel, has finally debuted — and it is exactly as crazy as we all dreamed it would be. The video features Spears gyrating, grinning, and stomping her way through the Smurf Village as a captive audience watches from a movie theater. "My heart beats fast 'cause I want it all / So come along with me and be my Ooh La La!" croons Spears as Smurfette dances on her outstretched palm. It is, to say the least, a bit surreal.
If you're still not sure whether you're willing to devote four minutes of your life to this unlikely Britney Spears/Smurfs crossover, allow us to tantalize you further. Do Spears' children Jayden James and Sean Preston show up to make a cameo? Does Britney get sucked into a movie screen? Does an unsuspecting moviegoer get transformed into a duck? These are questions you can only answer for yourself by watching the "Ooh La La" video. So make sure none of your coworkers are looking and press play.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Tony Blair: The Cassandra of the Middle East
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
Subscribe to the Week