After months of anticipation, the music video for "Ooh La La," Britney Spears' synergistic musical crossover with the upcoming Smurfs sequel, has finally debuted — and it is exactly as crazy as we all dreamed it would be. The video features Spears gyrating, grinning, and stomping her way through the Smurf Village as a captive audience watches from a movie theater. "My heart beats fast 'cause I want it all / So come along with me and be my Ooh La La!" croons Spears as Smurfette dances on her outstretched palm. It is, to say the least, a bit surreal.
If you're still not sure whether you're willing to devote four minutes of your life to this unlikely Britney Spears/Smurfs crossover, allow us to tantalize you further. Do Spears' children Jayden James and Sean Preston show up to make a cameo? Does Britney get sucked into a movie screen? Does an unsuspecting moviegoer get transformed into a duck? These are questions you can only answer for yourself by watching the "Ooh La La" video. So make sure none of your coworkers are looking and press play.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
- Why we need a maximum wage
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
Subscribe to the Week