Despite some stiff competition, Carly Rae Jepsen's ceremonial first pitch may be the worst one ever thrown.
Toeing the rubber before a Rays game in Tampa, Fla., on Sunday, the Canadian pop star spiked the ball just past the mound and well to her left. A camera sitting 10 feet up the first base line intercepted the ball as it rolled wide of the plate.
At least Mariah Carey's notoriously bad first pitch almost crossed rolled over the plate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- How I lost all my money
- The best books we read in 2014
- The religious right isn't retreating — it's reforming
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to save money: 12 great personal finance tips
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week