Despite some stiff competition, Carly Rae Jepsen's ceremonial first pitch may be the worst one ever thrown.
Toeing the rubber before a Rays game in Tampa, Fla., on Sunday, the Canadian pop star spiked the ball just past the mound and well to her left. A camera sitting 10 feet up the first base line intercepted the ball as it rolled wide of the plate.
At least Mariah Carey's notoriously bad first pitch almost crossed rolled over the plate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- 10 self-sabotaging interview mistakes to avoid
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
Subscribe to the Week