Despite some stiff competition, Carly Rae Jepsen's ceremonial first pitch may be the worst one ever thrown.
Toeing the rubber before a Rays game in Tampa, Fla., on Sunday, the Canadian pop star spiked the ball just past the mound and well to her left. A camera sitting 10 feet up the first base line intercepted the ball as it rolled wide of the plate.
At least Mariah Carey's notoriously bad first pitch almost crossed rolled over the plate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week