Despite some stiff competition, Carly Rae Jepsen's ceremonial first pitch may be the worst one ever thrown.
Toeing the rubber before a Rays game in Tampa, Fla., on Sunday, the Canadian pop star spiked the ball just past the mound and well to her left. A camera sitting 10 feet up the first base line intercepted the ball as it rolled wide of the plate.
At least Mariah Carey's notoriously bad first pitch almost crossed rolled over the plate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week