Despite some stiff competition, Carly Rae Jepsen's ceremonial first pitch may be the worst one ever thrown.
Toeing the rubber before a Rays game in Tampa, Fla., on Sunday, the Canadian pop star spiked the ball just past the mound and well to her left. A camera sitting 10 feet up the first base line intercepted the ball as it rolled wide of the plate.
At least Mariah Carey's notoriously bad first pitch almost crossed rolled over the plate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
Subscribe to the Week