Fairfield, Conn. Overlooking Long Island Sound, this two-bedroom home has a
boat house, a dock, and a mooring. Interior details include limestone floors,
a master bedroom with spa bath, and a gourmet kitchen.
Entertainment areas include a wood deck and a screened room.
$1,995,000. Helen Cusa, Halstead Property, (203) 221-0666.
New Buffalo, Mich. Located on Lake Michigan, this six-bedroom house features direct beach
access. Interior details include an open floor plan, vaulted ceilings, and a spa bathroom.
A deck overlooks the in-ground pool and the lake. $2,195,000. Donna Iwamoto,
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, (269) 469-3950.
Wilmot, N.H. Built in 1955, this two-bedroom cottage is located on the edge of Chase Pond.
Details include an enclosed porch, views of the water, and shared beach access;
Vermont-made furnishings are available for an additional price.
Area amenities include a rail trail and access to Pleasant Lake.
$199,000. Marilyn R. Kidder, Coldwell Banker Real Estate/Milestone, (603) 526-4116.
Little Compton, R.I. Close to Rhode Island Sound, this two-bedroom house is located
next to a golf club. Built in 1900, the home features marble floors, two wine cellars, and a screened porch.
The property includes a one-bedroom guest house with a deck. $1,295,000.
Jose Aguon, Gustave White Sotheby’s International Realty, (401) 848-6723.
Sun Valley, Idaho This 80-acre ranch is located on the East Fork of
the Big Lost River, a renowned trout fishing stream. The property includes
a four-bedroom furnished cabin and half a mile of water access.
The property borders the Salmon-Challis National Forest, with miles of hiking and horse riding trails.
$2,195,000. Trent Jones, Hall and Hall, (208) 622-4133.
**For more information on these homes, please contact the realtor listed**
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Painting the universe's portrait
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
Subscribe to the Week