Britain's Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, is at St. Mary's Hospital, London, in the early stages of labor with her child with husband Prince William. Their child — the sex is a closely guarded secret, along with the name and just about everything else — will be third in line for the British throne.
(If The Telegraph's live feed above is overwhelmed by traffic, ABC News has its own live feed here)
It's fair to say that this is a big deal in Britain, along with royal-family enthusiasts worldwide. If you're wondering why dozens of television cameras are watching the door to the Lindo Wing of the hospital, royal commentator Alastair Bruce explains the history to The Telegraph:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week