Britain's Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, is at St. Mary's Hospital, London, in the early stages of labor with her child with husband Prince William. Their child — the sex is a closely guarded secret, along with the name and just about everything else — will be third in line for the British throne.
(If The Telegraph's live feed above is overwhelmed by traffic, ABC News has its own live feed here)
It's fair to say that this is a big deal in Britain, along with royal-family enthusiasts worldwide. If you're wondering why dozens of television cameras are watching the door to the Lindo Wing of the hospital, royal commentator Alastair Bruce explains the history to The Telegraph:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week