Britain's Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, is at St. Mary's Hospital, London, in the early stages of labor with her child with husband Prince William. Their child — the sex is a closely guarded secret, along with the name and just about everything else — will be third in line for the British throne.
(If The Telegraph's live feed above is overwhelmed by traffic, ABC News has its own live feed here)
It's fair to say that this is a big deal in Britain, along with royal-family enthusiasts worldwide. If you're wondering why dozens of television cameras are watching the door to the Lindo Wing of the hospital, royal commentator Alastair Bruce explains the history to The Telegraph:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Paul Ryan's anti-poverty plan is another sign of life in the GOP
Subscribe to the Week