Britain's Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, is at St. Mary's Hospital, London, in the early stages of labor with her child with husband Prince William. Their child — the sex is a closely guarded secret, along with the name and just about everything else — will be third in line for the British throne.
(If The Telegraph's live feed above is overwhelmed by traffic, ABC News has its own live feed here)
It's fair to say that this is a big deal in Britain, along with royal-family enthusiasts worldwide. If you're wondering why dozens of television cameras are watching the door to the Lindo Wing of the hospital, royal commentator Alastair Bruce explains the history to The Telegraph:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- How to flirt, according to science
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- Everything you need to know about the Venezuelan protests
Subscribe to the Week