1. Beer Labels in Motion
There isn't much to say about this, other than that it's pretty neat.
See the rest here.
2. "Oh hi."
3. Emoji tracker
True to its name, this website keeps tabs of real-time emoji usage on Twitter. While it's nice to see the embarrassed monkey getting some shine, why is the heart card so far ahead of the normal heart?
Plus: Free Easter egg! Go to the page, type "disco," then hit enter.
4. 40 Days of Dating
Jessica Walsh and Timothy Goodman are designers based in New York City. Recently they both found themselves newly single and sick of the dating scene, so they decided to embark on a social experiment that only today's generation of over-sharers could come up with: At the risk of ruining their friendship, they would exclusively "date" one another for 40 days and document the whole thing online.
At the end of each day — they're on day 18 — Jessica and Timothy individually fill out a questionnaire, detailing what they learned about the other person, as well as themselves. The whole thing is equal parts quirky, insufferable, and impossible to look away from. Follow along on their blog here.
6. The 97-year-old artist who makes everything on MS Paint
Meet Hal Lasko, aka "The Pixel Painter." He spends 10 hours a day making highly detailed drawings on MS Paint, and they're kind of amazing. (Via This is Colossal)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- The Daily Show has some fun mocking the CPAC power players
- 10 things you need to know today: March 11, 2014
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
Subscribe to the Week