Starshine Roshell Photo: Jackie Sallow Photography
Many adults are into the submission lifestyle — you know, wanting to be spanked. My wife and I do the spanking thing, and I swear, it does something for me that has made me the kind, caring person I am today. What do you think? Is there anything wrong with spanking? Just wanted to get your thoughts.
My thoughts? It's a little weird, man. Not blow-up doll weird or Fifty Shades of weird... but it's just not my thing, and I'm guessing Freud would draw some conclusions about your childhood that I'm sure we'd both rather not ponder.
But what does it matter what I think? If you and the missus enjoy getting slap happy in the sack, mazel tov to you both. It's hard enough finding someone who likes the same living room furniture as you; if that person also happens to share your particular color of kink, you've hit the jackpot, my friend.
I'm curious, though: Do you really credit posterior paddling for your exceptional character? Are you saying that if you weren't able to express this erotic eccentricity in the boudoir, you'd be a pent-up malcontent? Or that years of buttocks beatings have disciplined any naughty streak right out of ya?
In any case, don't waste time wondering what other people think of your turn-ons. As long as you're not actually hurting anyone, I'll bet even Freud would turn the other cheek.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The week's best photojournalism
Subscribe to the Week