I like to be spanked. Is that weird?
Starshine Roshell Photo: Jackie Sallow Photography
Many adults are into the submission lifestyle — you know, wanting to be spanked. My wife and I do the spanking thing, and I swear, it does something for me that has made me the kind, caring person I am today. What do you think? Is there anything wrong with spanking? Just wanted to get your thoughts.
My thoughts? It's a little weird, man. Not blow-up doll weird or Fifty Shades of weird... but it's just not my thing, and I'm guessing Freud would draw some conclusions about your childhood that I'm sure we'd both rather not ponder.
But what does it matter what I think? If you and the missus enjoy getting slap happy in the sack, mazel tov to you both. It's hard enough finding someone who likes the same living room furniture as you; if that person also happens to share your particular color of kink, you've hit the jackpot, my friend.
I'm curious, though: Do you really credit posterior paddling for your exceptional character? Are you saying that if you weren't able to express this erotic eccentricity in the boudoir, you'd be a pent-up malcontent? Or that years of buttocks beatings have disciplined any naughty streak right out of ya?
In any case, don't waste time wondering what other people think of your turn-ons. As long as you're not actually hurting anyone, I'll bet even Freud would turn the other cheek.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- How to flirt, according to science
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- This Japanese toilet should make Americans very worried
Subscribe to the Week