1. Tumblr of the Week: Cop Selfies
Exactly what it sounds like.
See more here.
2. Bears find scratching post
Family of bears? Check. Folksy soundtrack? Double check. A compelling visual narrative centered around a lonely tree? Check, check, and check. This bear rub video is perfection. (Via The Awl)
3. Matt Drudge's early brush with the Singularity
Robot jerk cut me off... Chased it into parking lot. Now what do I do??? pic.twitter.com/W98jpC9dcS— MATT DRUDGE (@DRUDGE) July 30, 2013
Someone help Matt.
4. Test test test
The Chicago Tribune accidentally published an adorable test article that briefly graced its homepage. Here it is saved for posterity. (Via Gizmodo)
5. Friendship is real
When you're in the deepest depths of your darkest hour, remember to look to the sky; for soon, the clouds will part, and this video of a hillbilly dancing with his pet raccoon will enter into your heart on a sunbeam.
6. Obama gets sassy
One can only presume he wasn't talking about NSA surveillance. (Via Twitter)
7. Children's chorus covers popular indie track
When I was in chorus we did, like, "You're a Grand Old Flag." The track hauntingly covered here is "Untrust Us" by Crystal Castles, and it's actually really great.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
Subscribe to the Week