1. Tumblr of the Week: Cop Selfies
Exactly what it sounds like.
See more here.
2. Bears find scratching post
Family of bears? Check. Folksy soundtrack? Double check. A compelling visual narrative centered around a lonely tree? Check, check, and check. This bear rub video is perfection. (Via The Awl)
3. Matt Drudge's early brush with the Singularity
Robot jerk cut me off... Chased it into parking lot. Now what do I do??? pic.twitter.com/W98jpC9dcS— MATT DRUDGE (@DRUDGE) July 30, 2013
Someone help Matt.
4. Test test test
The Chicago Tribune accidentally published an adorable test article that briefly graced its homepage. Here it is saved for posterity. (Via Gizmodo)
5. Friendship is real
When you're in the deepest depths of your darkest hour, remember to look to the sky; for soon, the clouds will part, and this video of a hillbilly dancing with his pet raccoon will enter into your heart on a sunbeam.
6. Obama gets sassy
One can only presume he wasn't talking about NSA surveillance. (Via Twitter)
7. Children's chorus covers popular indie track
When I was in chorus we did, like, "You're a Grand Old Flag." The track hauntingly covered here is "Untrust Us" by Crystal Castles, and it's actually really great.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
Subscribe to the Week