A crazy person Wisconsin man turned himself into an aerial Houdini on Tuesday, freeing himself from chains and a locked coffin — all while plummeting to Earth from an airplane.
The daredevil, Anthony Martin, was handcuffed and then chained to the inside of a locked wooden casket. The box was affixed with a small drag chute to keep it from spinning wildly out of control on the descent, and then nudged from the plane at a height of 14,000 feet.
Incredibly, Martin — who said he has been picking locks since he was 6 — cracked all the locks and manacles in time, then burst from the box and deployed his own parachute to safely coast back to the ground.
Now if only someone would up the ante and combine that jump with Felix Baumgartner's record-setting leap from 120,000 feet...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Why insects are the future of food
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 10 things you need to know today: November 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week