A crazy person Wisconsin man turned himself into an aerial Houdini on Tuesday, freeing himself from chains and a locked coffin — all while plummeting to Earth from an airplane.
The daredevil, Anthony Martin, was handcuffed and then chained to the inside of a locked wooden casket. The box was affixed with a small drag chute to keep it from spinning wildly out of control on the descent, and then nudged from the plane at a height of 14,000 feet.
Incredibly, Martin — who said he has been picking locks since he was 6 — cracked all the locks and manacles in time, then burst from the box and deployed his own parachute to safely coast back to the ground.
Now if only someone would up the ante and combine that jump with Felix Baumgartner's record-setting leap from 120,000 feet...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- California's epic drought
Subscribe to the Week