A crazy person Wisconsin man turned himself into an aerial Houdini on Tuesday, freeing himself from chains and a locked coffin — all while plummeting to Earth from an airplane.
The daredevil, Anthony Martin, was handcuffed and then chained to the inside of a locked wooden casket. The box was affixed with a small drag chute to keep it from spinning wildly out of control on the descent, and then nudged from the plane at a height of 14,000 feet.
Incredibly, Martin — who said he has been picking locks since he was 6 — cracked all the locks and manacles in time, then burst from the box and deployed his own parachute to safely coast back to the ground.
Now if only someone would up the ante and combine that jump with Felix Baumgartner's record-setting leap from 120,000 feet...
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Watch the overstuffed first trailer
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Is it possible to live forever?
Subscribe to the Week