1. The best of Vine
To be completely honest, this week's "best of the internet" could easily have just been this amazing Vine compilation five times in a row. Totally lost it at 8:03. (Via Gizmodo)
2. Robots are taking all the good jobs (Via Imgur)
3. The glorious return of 'bored guitar girl'
Only this time instead of Van Halen she plays Vivaldi. Ho hum.
4. The best restaurant theme song ever
Step 1: Put on your headphones
Step 2: Go to 40meatballs.com
Step 3: Let the music wash over you like a warm bath.
Our own Jon Terbush says it's a totally rip-off of Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me." He declined to say how he knew that.
5. David Ortiz holds a baby
Per the Reddit description: "Before last night's Red Sox game, David Ortiz was signing autographs when someone handed him their baby. Just then, the National Anthem began. So…"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- How to live a long life, according to science
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
Subscribe to the Week