1. The best of Vine
To be completely honest, this week's "best of the internet" could easily have just been this amazing Vine compilation five times in a row. Totally lost it at 8:03. (Via Gizmodo)
2. Robots are taking all the good jobs (Via Imgur)
3. The glorious return of 'bored guitar girl'
Only this time instead of Van Halen she plays Vivaldi. Ho hum.
4. The best restaurant theme song ever
Step 1: Put on your headphones
Step 2: Go to 40meatballs.com
Step 3: Let the music wash over you like a warm bath.
Our own Jon Terbush says it's a totally rip-off of Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me." He declined to say how he knew that.
5. David Ortiz holds a baby
Per the Reddit description: "Before last night's Red Sox game, David Ortiz was signing autographs when someone handed him their baby. Just then, the National Anthem began. So…"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Stop your unpatriotic fearmongering over ISIS
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
Subscribe to the Week