After the cliffhanger that ended the second season, Homeland fans have been champing at the bit for nearly a year to discover what will happen next. But this new trailer for the award-showered Showtime series, which focuses on mood rather than plot, will probably raise more questions than answers (and get a sappy piano ballad stuck in your head).
The three-minute trailer shows Homeland's various characters dealing with the aftermath of the second season's finale, in which Nicholas Brody (Damian Lewis) fled across the Canadian border after it became clear that he'd be blamed for a bombing at a memorial service for Vice President Walden. Carrie Mathison (Claire Danes) sits alone, crying; Brody's daughter Dana (Morgan Saylor) kneels down and prays on her father's prayer rug; Saul Berenson (Mandy Patinkin) addresses an official governmental panel investigating the attack and Brody's subsequent disappearance. Brody himself even shows up, with a shaved head and a bandaged wound.
It's clear that the third season will be centered on the hunt for Brody, and the effect that his public shaming and disappearance has on the people who love him the most — but is that enough to hinge an entire season of television on? Homeland fans can see what else the show has in store when the third season premieres on September 29.
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
Subscribe to the Week