Last week, we reported on how the U.S. military may be discriminating against atheist chaplains and service members, as a Marine Corps document notes that a "lack" of spiritual faith is a potential risk factor for early death. Many active and former U.S. soldiers reached out about their own experiences with faith and atheism in the military, and we've collected their responses here.
Want to weigh in? Reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week