Last week, we reported on how the U.S. military may be discriminating against atheist chaplains and service members, as a Marine Corps document notes that a "lack" of spiritual faith is a potential risk factor for early death. Many active and former U.S. soldiers reached out about their own experiences with faith and atheism in the military, and we've collected their responses here.
Want to weigh in? Reach me at email@example.com.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week