Last week, we reported on how the U.S. military may be discriminating against atheist chaplains and service members, as a Marine Corps document notes that a "lack" of spiritual faith is a potential risk factor for early death. Many active and former U.S. soldiers reached out about their own experiences with faith and atheism in the military, and we've collected their responses here.
Want to weigh in? Reach me at email@example.com.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week