Last week, we reported on how the U.S. military may be discriminating against atheist chaplains and service members, as a Marine Corps document notes that a "lack" of spiritual faith is a potential risk factor for early death. Many active and former U.S. soldiers reached out about their own experiences with faith and atheism in the military, and we've collected their responses here.
Want to weigh in? Reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week