Last week, we reported on how the U.S. military may be discriminating against atheist chaplains and service members, as a Marine Corps document notes that a "lack" of spiritual faith is a potential risk factor for early death. Many active and former U.S. soldiers reached out about their own experiences with faith and atheism in the military, and we've collected their responses here.
Want to weigh in? Reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Uncle Sam wants you to stay away from these countries
Subscribe to the Week