PHOTOS: A day in the life of the Ku Klux Klan
Photographer Anthony Karen offers an uncensored look into the lives of KKK members
A Ku Klux Klansman stands by a North Carolina highway in 1989, after the state refused to allow the Klan to adopt a stretch of highway: Today, a Georgia KKK group is trying adopt a mile of its own. Jim McDonald/CORBIS
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
Subscribe to the Week