PHOTOS: A day in the life of the Ku Klux Klan
Photographer Anthony Karen offers an uncensored look into the lives of KKK members
A Ku Klux Klansman stands by a North Carolina highway in 1989, after the state refused to allow the Klan to adopt a stretch of highway: Today, a Georgia KKK group is trying adopt a mile of its own. Jim McDonald/CORBIS
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why America is duty-bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: July 22, 2014
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week