1. A near-perfect tweet
Unlike Dad, Bo Obama's approval ratings are at an all-time high according to informal polls (me).
Bo, stop trying to make fetch happen. pic.twitter.com/Ez6hWGFpFc— The White House (@whitehouse) August 13, 2013
2. Sam Horowitz's bar mitzvah is the best bar mitzvah in history
The magic — and boy, do we do mean magic — starts around the 1:15 mark, when spectacular 13-year-old Sam Horowitz makes his dazzling entrance before the party's attendees. He's like Beyonce, but tinier and not married to Jay-Z. (Via Death and Taxes)
3. Here is an adorable baby sloth exercising
This is me at the gym. (Gym = in my room, with 5-pound weights.)
4. And while we're at it…
Here's a baby panda meeting its enormous mother for the first time. (Via BuzzFeed)
5. Vine magic
6. Prince joins Twitter
And posts his first selfie.
Related: Prince doesn't know what a selfie is.
7. Objection! (ht Adrian Chen)
Sometimes people argue on the internet, which is why you should add this to your arsenal. How to use it:
1. Select your character
2. Type your grievance
3. Hit "Objection!"
4. Send to your enemies
8. Tumblr of the Week: Scenes from The Wire
Here's the gist: Every hour, an automated bot grabs a random scene from HBO's The Wire and posts it to Tumblr as a GIF. Sometimes the result is something completely nonsensical:
Sometimes, it's spot on:
But most of the time, it's just weird:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
Subscribe to the Week