1. A near-perfect tweet
Unlike Dad, Bo Obama's approval ratings are at an all-time high according to informal polls (me).
Bo, stop trying to make fetch happen. pic.twitter.com/Ez6hWGFpFc— The White House (@whitehouse) August 13, 2013
2. Sam Horowitz's bar mitzvah is the best bar mitzvah in history
The magic — and boy, do we do mean magic — starts around the 1:15 mark, when spectacular 13-year-old Sam Horowitz makes his dazzling entrance before the party's attendees. He's like Beyonce, but tinier and not married to Jay-Z. (Via Death and Taxes)
3. Here is an adorable baby sloth exercising
This is me at the gym. (Gym = in my room, with 5-pound weights.)
4. And while we're at it…
Here's a baby panda meeting its enormous mother for the first time. (Via BuzzFeed)
5. Vine magic
6. Prince joins Twitter
And posts his first selfie.
Related: Prince doesn't know what a selfie is.
7. Objection! (ht Adrian Chen)
Sometimes people argue on the internet, which is why you should add this to your arsenal. How to use it:
1. Select your character
2. Type your grievance
3. Hit "Objection!"
4. Send to your enemies
8. Tumblr of the Week: Scenes from The Wire
Here's the gist: Every hour, an automated bot grabs a random scene from HBO's The Wire and posts it to Tumblr as a GIF. Sometimes the result is something completely nonsensical:
Sometimes, it's spot on:
But most of the time, it's just weird:
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
Subscribe to the Week