The case against the annual checkup
Going to the doctor when you're not sick is doing more harm than good
Typically, doctors who perform more tests on a patient make more money, regardless of the outcome. Is that really how it should be? ThinkStock/Comstock
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
- Russia's Ukraine invasion is a moral crisis
Subscribe to the Week