1. Mike Tyson plays Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, history is made
Anyone who spent at least part of their childhood in the '80s should be somewhat familiar with Mike Tyson's Punch-Out, arguably the finest boxing video game ever created. In an upcoming interview, Fox Sports revealed at least one person out there who has never played it: Mike Tyson himself, who we'll assume was too busy pummeling things at the time. (via TIME)
2. "Those turtles"
I feel you, April.
3. Say hi...
…to this great sea otter! (via Cute Overload)
4. The best first pitch ever happened in South Korea
Here's actress and taekwondo butt-kicker Tae-Mi (aka Kim Kyung Sook) throwing what could be the best first pitch in baseball history. I give her midair corkscrew wind-up 10 out of 10 Carly Rae Jepsens. (via Angry Asian Man)
5. Seattle Police offered free Doritos at a pot festival
They tweeted about it, too. (Via Business Insider)
6. Ghost shark GIFs
Vulture rounded up the most GIFable moments from the SyFy channel's latest original movie, Ghost Shark, which we'll assume is exactly like Sharknado but less windy. The rest are equally magnificent.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- 10 soldiers welcomed home by very happy dogs
Subscribe to the Week