Confession time: I love tech commercials!
I love how Apple's ad team could teach an advanced college course in the Art of Sap. I love how Microsoft still hilariously tried to ride the Glee train four whole years after the show premiered. And I love that tech commercials are all so derivative that you could plot the basic formula out on a whiteboard — which is basically what College Humor does here in its latest short sketch, "Every Tech Commercial Ever."
It's great. I found myself asking, "Yeah! Why is every tech commercial set to a middling indie rock soundtrack?" Now my subconscious is forever associating Vampire Weekend with HP Photosmart Printers which, let's be real, isn't really a good thing for either of them.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
Subscribe to the Week