Confession time: I love tech commercials!
I love how Apple's ad team could teach an advanced college course in the Art of Sap. I love how Microsoft still hilariously tried to ride the Glee train four whole years after the show premiered. And I love that tech commercials are all so derivative that you could plot the basic formula out on a whiteboard — which is basically what College Humor does here in its latest short sketch, "Every Tech Commercial Ever."
It's great. I found myself asking, "Yeah! Why is every tech commercial set to a middling indie rock soundtrack?" Now my subconscious is forever associating Vampire Weekend with HP Photosmart Printers which, let's be real, isn't really a good thing for either of them.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
Subscribe to the Week