Confession time: I love tech commercials!
I love how Apple's ad team could teach an advanced college course in the Art of Sap. I love how Microsoft still hilariously tried to ride the Glee train four whole years after the show premiered. And I love that tech commercials are all so derivative that you could plot the basic formula out on a whiteboard — which is basically what College Humor does here in its latest short sketch, "Every Tech Commercial Ever."
It's great. I found myself asking, "Yeah! Why is every tech commercial set to a middling indie rock soundtrack?" Now my subconscious is forever associating Vampire Weekend with HP Photosmart Printers which, let's be real, isn't really a good thing for either of them.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 11, 2013
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- The last racial taboo
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Watch The Daily Show roll its eyes at outrage over Obama's handshake with Raul Castro
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
Subscribe to the Week