Confession time: I love tech commercials!
I love how Apple's ad team could teach an advanced college course in the Art of Sap. I love how Microsoft still hilariously tried to ride the Glee train four whole years after the show premiered. And I love that tech commercials are all so derivative that you could plot the basic formula out on a whiteboard — which is basically what College Humor does here in its latest short sketch, "Every Tech Commercial Ever."
It's great. I found myself asking, "Yeah! Why is every tech commercial set to a middling indie rock soundtrack?" Now my subconscious is forever associating Vampire Weekend with HP Photosmart Printers which, let's be real, isn't really a good thing for either of them.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- 10 things you need to know today: August 30, 2014
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
Subscribe to the Week