1. Hank and Marie watch Miley twerk
File this under: "Things that somehow manage to perfectly capture the entire pop culture zeitgeist."
2. Overjoyed little girl Skypes with dad
Look at how happy she is! (via Jezebel)
3. Overjoyed little boy really loves Popeye's
This basically could be me.
5. Eagle gracefully crashes into a mega church's window
The following WTF video was taken at the ORU worship center in Tulsa, Okla. Why an eagle was zooming by church-goers' heads in the first place, I haven't a clue. At least everyone started chanting, "USA! USA!"
Don't worry, though. The eagle was reportedly OK. USA! USA!
6. Lil Bub and Grumpy Cat meet, world doesn't explode
Aw, look at how much they don't care.
7. Dubstep cat
What's more cruel: Forcibly manipulating your cat's limbs as if it were a toy? Or making us listen to Skrillex?
Have a great Labor Day weekend!
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
Subscribe to the Week