1. Hank and Marie watch Miley twerk
File this under: "Things that somehow manage to perfectly capture the entire pop culture zeitgeist."
2. Overjoyed little girl Skypes with dad
Look at how happy she is! (via Jezebel)
3. Overjoyed little boy really loves Popeye's
This basically could be me.
5. Eagle gracefully crashes into a mega church's window
The following WTF video was taken at the ORU worship center in Tulsa, Okla. Why an eagle was zooming by church-goers' heads in the first place, I haven't a clue. At least everyone started chanting, "USA! USA!"
Don't worry, though. The eagle was reportedly OK. USA! USA!
6. Lil Bub and Grumpy Cat meet, world doesn't explode
Aw, look at how much they don't care.
7. Dubstep cat
What's more cruel: Forcibly manipulating your cat's limbs as if it were a toy? Or making us listen to Skrillex?
Have a great Labor Day weekend!
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Rise of the machines
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's time to kill school picture day
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
- 5 words that are spelled weirdly because someone got the etymology wrong
Subscribe to the Week