1. Hank and Marie watch Miley twerk
File this under: "Things that somehow manage to perfectly capture the entire pop culture zeitgeist."
2. Overjoyed little girl Skypes with dad
Look at how happy she is! (via Jezebel)
3. Overjoyed little boy really loves Popeye's
This basically could be me.
5. Eagle gracefully crashes into a mega church's window
The following WTF video was taken at the ORU worship center in Tulsa, Okla. Why an eagle was zooming by church-goers' heads in the first place, I haven't a clue. At least everyone started chanting, "USA! USA!"
Don't worry, though. The eagle was reportedly OK. USA! USA!
6. Lil Bub and Grumpy Cat meet, world doesn't explode
Aw, look at how much they don't care.
7. Dubstep cat
What's more cruel: Forcibly manipulating your cat's limbs as if it were a toy? Or making us listen to Skrillex?
Have a great Labor Day weekend!
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- How Community's Dean Pelton broke new ground for sexual politics on television
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
8 Facebook misfires that ruined lives
Subscribe to the Week