Assets vs. liabilities in transportation
We're thinking about infrastructure all wrong, says Stephen Goldsmith, former deputy mayor of New York City. It's a valuable asset, not a budgetary nuisance.
Texas wants to push some of its highway's speed limits to 85 mph, which would be the fastest in the country and second-fastest in the world. Corbis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
Subscribe to the Week