Assets vs. liabilities in transportation
We're thinking about infrastructure all wrong, says Stephen Goldsmith, former deputy mayor of New York City. It's a valuable asset, not a budgetary nuisance.
Texas wants to push some of its highway's speed limits to 85 mph, which would be the fastest in the country and second-fastest in the world. Corbis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week