Assets vs. liabilities in transportation
We're thinking about infrastructure all wrong, says Stephen Goldsmith, former deputy mayor of New York City. It's a valuable asset, not a budgetary nuisance.
Texas wants to push some of its highway's speed limits to 85 mph, which would be the fastest in the country and second-fastest in the world. Corbis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make corn dogs
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
Subscribe to the Week