Assets vs. liabilities in transportation
We're thinking about infrastructure all wrong, says Stephen Goldsmith, former deputy mayor of New York City. It's a valuable asset, not a budgetary nuisance.
Texas wants to push some of its highway's speed limits to 85 mph, which would be the fastest in the country and second-fastest in the world. Corbis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The case for killing law school
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- Putin's risky bet in eastern Ukraine
Subscribe to the Week