Twerking is all the rage, so perhaps it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. YouTube user Caitlin Heller was making a sexy twerk video for her boyfriend when things went terribly wrong — or, as the video's description puts it, "things got a little too hot."
Skeptics are already wondering if the video is staged, but, for now, consider it a cautionary tale: Don't twerk unless you're prepared to get burned.
Update: On his ABC late-night show Monday night, Jimmy Kimmel took credit for the video, introducing its star, "Caitlin Heller" (actually a stunt woman named Daphne Avalon), then showing the "director's cut" — which ends with him walking though the door with a fire extinguisher. "To the conspiracy theorists on the internet who thought the video was fake, you were right," Kimmel says. So, now you know.
This article was originally published on Sept. 6 and updated on Sept. 10.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Head to head: Wild vs. supermarket turkeys
- How to survive a spaceship disaster
Subscribe to the Week