Twerking is all the rage, so perhaps it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. YouTube user Caitlin Heller was making a sexy twerk video for her boyfriend when things went terribly wrong — or, as the video's description puts it, "things got a little too hot."
Skeptics are already wondering if the video is staged, but, for now, consider it a cautionary tale: Don't twerk unless you're prepared to get burned.
Update: On his ABC late-night show Monday night, Jimmy Kimmel took credit for the video, introducing its star, "Caitlin Heller" (actually a stunt woman named Daphne Avalon), then showing the "director's cut" — which ends with him walking though the door with a fire extinguisher. "To the conspiracy theorists on the internet who thought the video was fake, you were right," Kimmel says. So, now you know.
This article was originally published on Sept. 6 and updated on Sept. 10.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How to live a long life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week