Twerking is all the rage, so perhaps it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. YouTube user Caitlin Heller was making a sexy twerk video for her boyfriend when things went terribly wrong — or, as the video's description puts it, "things got a little too hot."
Skeptics are already wondering if the video is staged, but, for now, consider it a cautionary tale: Don't twerk unless you're prepared to get burned.
Update: On his ABC late-night show Monday night, Jimmy Kimmel took credit for the video, introducing its star, "Caitlin Heller" (actually a stunt woman named Daphne Avalon), then showing the "director's cut" — which ends with him walking though the door with a fire extinguisher. "To the conspiracy theorists on the internet who thought the video was fake, you were right," Kimmel says. So, now you know.
This article was originally published on Sept. 6 and updated on Sept. 10.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week