Twerking is all the rage, so perhaps it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. YouTube user Caitlin Heller was making a sexy twerk video for her boyfriend when things went terribly wrong — or, as the video's description puts it, "things got a little too hot."
Skeptics are already wondering if the video is staged, but, for now, consider it a cautionary tale: Don't twerk unless you're prepared to get burned.
Update: On his ABC late-night show Monday night, Jimmy Kimmel took credit for the video, introducing its star, "Caitlin Heller" (actually a stunt woman named Daphne Avalon), then showing the "director's cut" — which ends with him walking though the door with a fire extinguisher. "To the conspiracy theorists on the internet who thought the video was fake, you were right," Kimmel says. So, now you know.
This article was originally published on Sept. 6 and updated on Sept. 10.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week