Twerking is all the rage, so perhaps it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. YouTube user Caitlin Heller was making a sexy twerk video for her boyfriend when things went terribly wrong — or, as the video's description puts it, "things got a little too hot."
Skeptics are already wondering if the video is staged, but, for now, consider it a cautionary tale: Don't twerk unless you're prepared to get burned.
Update: On his ABC late-night show Monday night, Jimmy Kimmel took credit for the video, introducing its star, "Caitlin Heller" (actually a stunt woman named Daphne Avalon), then showing the "director's cut" — which ends with him walking though the door with a fire extinguisher. "To the conspiracy theorists on the internet who thought the video was fake, you were right," Kimmel says. So, now you know.
This article was originally published on Sept. 6 and updated on Sept. 10.
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Battle in a blizzard
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Did God have a wife?
Subscribe to the Week