1. Don't try this at home you guys
Or anywhere, quite frankly. (via Imgur)
2. Return of the Russian snow monkey
Sometimes the heavens smile down and give us wonderful gifts like extended footage of this tiny monkey hopping around in his snowsuit. #crying
3. Don't try this at home either
I'm in the camp that thinks this twerking mishap is totally staged. (The suddenly big flame! The "responsible" roommate coming home in work attire!) What do you think? We've covered it already, but here it is again:
4. NASA joins Instagram
Really looking forward to all the Earth selfies. Follow NASA's account here.
5. Cow tipping is not possible, says physics
Modern Farmer — which is a fine web publication you should check out immediately — puts on its Snopes cap and dives deep into the myth of cow tipping. It also includes this diagram:
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- Do you need to be crazy to be the best?
- In defense of family dinner
Subscribe to the Week