The world's first old people
How the advent of the grandparent changed the human race forever
Older ladies in the 1960s: As we reach an elderly age, both men and women begin to smell more like females, say researchers. Kirn Vintage Stock/Corbis
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
Subscribe to the Week