No idea what NFL actually stands for? Can't name a college football team to save your life? No sweat. Show up with with an herby corn salad in creamy dressing, zippy sweet-hot jerk chicken skewers, or a lemony plum cake. Keep your mouth full and your friends will be none the wiser.
More from Food52...
This article originally appeared on Food52.com: 10 Recipes for a Tailgate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- 10 things you need to know today: November 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Don't change a thing: 8 inventions that never needed updating
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
Subscribe to the Week