No idea what NFL actually stands for? Can't name a college football team to save your life? No sweat. Show up with with an herby corn salad in creamy dressing, zippy sweet-hot jerk chicken skewers, or a lemony plum cake. Keep your mouth full and your friends will be none the wiser.
More from Food52...
This article originally appeared on Food52.com: 10 Recipes for a Tailgate.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week