Crispy, crunchy, slathered in butter and jam, or dipped in a runny egg yolk — let's face it: Toast is pretty much the perfect food. But why should breakfast get all the glory? Topped with some ricotta and fresh herbs, toast can be a beautiful, elegant appetizer — or, with eggs, or mushrooms, or fish, it can be a full-on dinner. Here are 10 of our favorite non-breakfast toast recipes.
More from Food52...
- How to dramatically improve your memory
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- Fear of dying alone drives women AND men into bad relationships
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- China's massive pollution problem
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
Subscribe to the Week