Crispy, crunchy, slathered in butter and jam, or dipped in a runny egg yolk — let's face it: Toast is pretty much the perfect food. But why should breakfast get all the glory? Topped with some ricotta and fresh herbs, toast can be a beautiful, elegant appetizer — or, with eggs, or mushrooms, or fish, it can be a full-on dinner. Here are 10 of our favorite non-breakfast toast recipes.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
Subscribe to the Week