Crispy, crunchy, slathered in butter and jam, or dipped in a runny egg yolk — let's face it: Toast is pretty much the perfect food. But why should breakfast get all the glory? Topped with some ricotta and fresh herbs, toast can be a beautiful, elegant appetizer — or, with eggs, or mushrooms, or fish, it can be a full-on dinner. Here are 10 of our favorite non-breakfast toast recipes.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Painting the universe's portrait
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week