Crispy, crunchy, slathered in butter and jam, or dipped in a runny egg yolk — let's face it: Toast is pretty much the perfect food. But why should breakfast get all the glory? Topped with some ricotta and fresh herbs, toast can be a beautiful, elegant appetizer — or, with eggs, or mushrooms, or fish, it can be a full-on dinner. Here are 10 of our favorite non-breakfast toast recipes.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Attack of the invasive species
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week