Crispy, crunchy, slathered in butter and jam, or dipped in a runny egg yolk — let's face it: Toast is pretty much the perfect food. But why should breakfast get all the glory? Topped with some ricotta and fresh herbs, toast can be a beautiful, elegant appetizer — or, with eggs, or mushrooms, or fish, it can be a full-on dinner. Here are 10 of our favorite non-breakfast toast recipes.
More from Food52...
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
Subscribe to the Week